T56 Bellhousing Bolt Pattern

Tremec T56 Aluminum Bellhousing for LS Series Engine 1386-212-005 Tremec TKO to wide pattern Ford bellhousing. Information On Car and Truck Repair, Parts and Services New, Used and OEM Automotive Parts For Do It Yourself Car and Truck Repair. Camaro Bellhousing. Units are stress relieved after forming for even greater strength and then finished with a safety red enamel. How do you get the top 4 bellhousing bolt out of a 1996 Chevy blazer s10?. It would have required major tunnel mods to fit and a great deal of work to mount it to the engine. Personally, I'd avoid using the LT1 bellhousing and weird pull-type clutch setup in a retrofit application. I think the 6060 can probably take that 1000 HP, the T-56 out of a Truck could too, it will be a little notchy. Sss sequential shifter. This is tag number 1352-232, one of the rare numbers with the Chevrolet bolt pattern to the bell housing. The Gen III/IV bolt pattern is not symmetrical, which is odd, and the top center bolt is employed while the upper passenger side bolt is not. projectzerog. mating a t-56 to a new hemi Is the tranny bolt pattern different from older small blocks? big blocks? with a more or less integrated bell housing whereas the. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon. Ford Lakewood Blowproof Tremec 3550 Bellhousing on 2040-parts. Get your bellhousing dowels and locator kits for installation. I think the best way to get the T56 trans to bell housing bolt pattern is this way, as TTC said that the T56 is no longer produced but they suggested the T56 Magnum. 6 v6 uses the same housing. Wondering if this info could be applied to automatics. Want to pair a four-wheel drive tranny with your existing small block Ford? We've got the right bellhousing adapter for that, too. This is a high quality 4L60E bell housing bolt that has been cleaned and inspected to ensure that it is 100% ready to use in your rebuild. The basic design and dimensional specs are the same, but part numbers, torque ratings, applications, and pricing are all changing. No Wildcap. They [thegearbox] said the adapter plate they have sandwiches between the T5 bellhousing and the T56 trans. Tko To Wide Pattern Ford Bellhousing. The major difference that we need to pay attention to is the bellhousing pattern. Quicktime also makes a bell that will work with a t56 and 460. 4200 - manual trans adapter. On the engine side, BOP and Chevy are different. CPSSP383T56 - Chevrolet Performance SP383 435HP Crate Engine with T56 6 Speed "$750. I guess there was an interference on the bolt located at approx 2 o'clock which has been deleted on the new engine. Fd3s trans to bellhousing bolt pattern. Bolt on the bellhousing to the engine block. eBay determines trending price through a machine-learned model of the product's sale prices within the last 90 days. I do know that the 3. Blowproof Bellhousing 1955-1957 Chevy Full-Size Car 1955-2003 Chevy: 90° V6, Small Block, and Big Block GM Muncie, Saginaw, BW T10, Tremec TKO Mechanical Linkage. The bellhousing weighs 15 pounds, works with a factory style 168 tooth flywheel and the appropriate standard GM starter. XJ6 Quarterbreed kits are for all 68 to 87 XJ6 models (XJ6, XJ6C, XJ6L). They even had 14-spline input shafts. Also the AFN turbo manifold is similar/same as the Passat/Audi B5 chassis manifold. I would love to have a 6 speed. The old Tremec 3550 Transmissions are now designated as TKO 500 and TKO 600. 5L bellhousing bolt pattern fit v8 bolt pattern in a s10? Yea also any inline 6cyl or small or big block v8s. Flathead powered 1932 roadster. Ford Ranger/Bronco II Transmission Swap/Conversion Options Replacing a Manual Transmission with a different Manual Transmission: All 2. My choices are to buy a QuickTime bell housing and have it modified to accept the starter or if it is small enough to use the block mount type starter. Wilcap makes adapter for Windsor pattern only The Firebird version has a LS (2nd gen) Chevy bolt pattern. am I asking for a nightmare? What suggestions ya. with 3 available variances BH200 suits the Saginaw, Muncie 4 speeds as well as T5G and the TREMEC TKO GM 5 speeds. Do you want to convert your Chevy into a 4-speed? Great! This article should save you a lot of time and effort! Follow Bill Spach as he converts his 1963 Chevy Impala SS Powerglide into a 4-speed and teaches you to do the same with your Chevy!. The bolt pattern to the bell housing should be the same. The bellhousing on the left uses the traditional small-block/big-block Chevy bellhousing pattern. Rolls-Royce, Jaguar, and AMC/Jeep. LS T56, LT T56, Ford T56, Viper T56), have the same bolt pattern on the front flange, where it bolts to the applicable bellhousing?. TREMEC Front Shift Kits, 5-speed & 6-speed shift pattern plates, shifter boots, shifter handles, shifter balls, and TREMEC replacement parts. Bellhousing Bolts Length Diameter And Thread Pitch Rx7clubWhere To Find Out What Bolt Sizes Are And ThemWhat Size Bolts Needed To Put Ls1. The NV4500 transmission is considered to be the toughest and most reliable 5 speed manual transmission ever built. TH200-4R has universal CBOP bellhousing bolt pattern, while the TH700-R4 has the Chevy only pattern. The starter was mounted on the transmission, not the engine block. I have also been told that the 4. This adaption kit is for 2JZ 1JZ engine into Lexus SC300 and SC400 or Toyota MKIV MK4 Supra or MKIII MK3 Supra or Nissan S13 S14 S15 240SX chassis, using A340 or A341E bell housing to a 350Z 370Z CD009 JK40C Z32 transmissions, and 2JZ to 350Z swap. T56 behind a Hemi: Been noticing a lot of T56 transmissions on the resell market. Got to thinking, I thought I heard the V10 was just a 360 with two extra cylinders. The old cast iron manual transmission bellhousing is a bit archaic so we will use an all-new aluminum bellhousing. The block, heads, timing cover, water pump, intake manifold and accessory brackets are not interchangeable with the earlier smallblocks. For us mopar guys the viper trans is nice because it comes with a proper input shaft, the same output shaft as HD 727s, the V10 bell housing has the same bolt pattern as the the 5. Classic Industries offers a wide selection of Chevrolet Camaro parts, including Chevrolet Camaro interior parts and soft trim, Chevrolet Camaro exterior sheet metal, Chevrolet Camaro moldings, Chevrolet Camaro emblems, Chevrolet Camaro weatherstrip and unique accessories, to nearly every nut and bolt needed for installation. All the way from the Powerglide to the TH400. I have watched Pemek's build and enjoy the success he is having. It also looks like the block bolt pattern is kind of a cross between FE and smallblock and perhaps with a bellhousing adapter and a smaller OD flywheel it could be made to work. "New" refers to a brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item, and "Used" refers to an item that has been used previously. See cost comparisons farther down the page. Get your bellhousing dowels and locator kits for installation. I bought a T56 from a Camaro (for $50. projectzerog. 2l looks promising. 5 Iron Duke has the same bell housing bolt pattern as a Chevy small block. 95 Quick Time Bellhousing RM-7092 - Quick Time Ford Engine Bellhousings $751. Ford bolt pattern are part numbers TUET11010 for close ratio with 0. or you can get a. Among them are the opti-spark distributor located on the front of the engine behind the gear driven water pump and crank balancer. I've been in talks with another company elsewhere that does a T56 to Ecotec adapter, but they are of course in Australia and it is a bit costly. I also found an article about using a 5. Swap accessories such as stainless steel headers are available. will the 5 speed trans match up to the small block v8? bellhousing bolt pattern. Is this the housing they used? It looks nearly identical. A lot depends on how fast the power and torque comes on. Wilcap makes adapter for Windsor pattern only The Firebird version has a LS (2nd gen) Chevy bolt pattern. The input shaft has the same 10 spline input shaft as that of a 93 and earlier T-5. 3 just doesn't use the top bolt or maybe it was just missing from the donor van for a long time, allowing dirt to get in the hole. So a Rover to Chevy adapter kit goes on the shopping list. eBay determines trending price through a machine-learned model of the product's sale prices within the last 90 days. Built by Bills Auto Fab in Toledo,Ohio , the world leader in converting the FWD Mitsubishi engines to RWD. no, but you need the gearbox and both bellhousings in your hands to do it. Designed to adapt a production T56 transmission to any '55-'96 Chevy V-8 with a standard bellhousing bolt pattern, the Weir T56 OEM Conversion Kit offers a number of benefits beyond the elimination of the factory hydraulics. Slide the clutch fork over the greased T-stud (should be on the T56 transmission), and bolt it down to spec. This Ford Racing Modular Tremec Bellhousing is your solution! It links the Tremec 3550 with the 4. 302= Ford 1965 up Ford Small Block Bellhousing Bolt Pattern BOP=Buick Olds Pontiac Cadillac Iron Block V8 Bellhousing Bolt Pattern FTL= Ford 1965-1978 Transmission Bolt Pattern FT5= Ford 1979-1992 Borg Warner T5 Transmission Bolt Pattern A833=Mopar Manual Transmission Bolt Patterns. Early Small block V8 pattern. Note: The mounting pad is usually a part of the extension housing, but the graphic shows it on the maine case. Before we bolt on the bellhousing, there is one. All 1983-1992 GM V8 T5s have a 26-spline ´ 1⅛-inch input shaft, a 2. Flipping the 3-4 cover lever over lets them grab with a straight pull back because it moves 3rd to the 4th gear position on the pattern. And also where could I get a clutch and fork for this sort of swap? Also how do I deal with the hydraulics?. Want to pair a four-wheel drive tranny with your existing small block Ford? We’ve got the right bellhousing adapter for that, too. Unique bellhousing required for Tremec 5-speed transmission M-7003-R58C and M-7003-R58H ; Fits 289/302/351C/351W engines with 157 tooth flywheel; Designed for 1979-1993 Mustang V-8 clutch fork. Bells include installation hardware and can be ordered with an optional factory spec steel inspection cover (shown) or can be used with an original BOP cover. An LT1 T56 may also be used, but the input shaft must be changed to the longer LS1 input. Get a great deal on A Bellhousing Dial Indicator Plate for the Tremec T-56 Magnum 6-Speed Transmission at BowlerTransmissions. Given our. Wondering if this info could be applied to automatics. There is an adapter plate out there to bolt a T56 to a 4-spd bellhousing made by The Gear Box, but you need the longer LS1 input shaft to use it, and its meant for putting a T56 on a SBC, BBC engine anyway. If I had an SFI bellhousing I would be more brave, I have an old 9 1/4" Weber clutch with an nodular pressure ring that I could dig out. Bellhousing Kits now available to suit 1JZ / 2JZ to GM T56 TOYOTA 1UZFE TO MUNCIE, SAGINAW, T10 - BELL HOUSING. Does your Mustang have a damaged bell housing or missing bellhousing spacer plate? Whatever your need is, LMR. My choices are to buy a QuickTime bell housing and have it modified to accept the starter or if it is small enough to use the block mount type starter. This is a discussion on Help: Top Bellhousing bolt within the Manual Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; I am currently trying to remove the tranny to install my new clutch. May be trimmed for chassis clearance or used as a mid-mount plate; Designed to retain the stock starter location; Available for most popular. T56 Front Shift Conversion Kit relocates the shifter to the forward opening on the top of you 6 speed T56, 13. Tremec TKO to wide. Changing it would require a near complete tear down of the trans. Unfortunately, I purchased a LT1 T56 that has a small bell housing that will not bolt up to the 168 tooth flywheel if my research is correct. Wildcap only makes one for the 1st gen Chevy Corvette and GTO version is LT (3rd gen) Chevy bolt pattern. and V6 engines that have the same bellhousing pattern. Comes with all mounting hardware to mount plate to trans and bellhousing. TREMEC Front Shift Kits, 5-speed & 6-speed shift pattern plates, shifter boots, shifter handles, shifter balls, and TREMEC replacement parts. GM Quad-4 family; GM Ecotec 4-cylinder pattern. The T56 Magnum transmissions bolt pattern is the same as the T56 Viper transmission. The ls1 T56 does not bolt straight up to a th pattern block, Mal Wood automotive has the spacer plate required though and you'll have to grind away your bell housing somewhat to fit a starter motor on your passenger side. I now have the correct bolt pattern to two different T-56 front housings ( Chevy and Ford ) and I also have a connection that can get me 405 mm 6061 aluminium blanks for a nice price. Mecloud makes one but its in the 500s from summit, but in this months hemmings there is a article on T5s and they say that the bellhousing from 79-81 firebirds ,79 skylark casting # 563441, and the 82 f bodys casting # 14037657 will bolt up to a T5. Found in heavy-duty applications. Note a larger transmission bolt pattern as well with the 6-bolt, which also includes the smaller 1962–1964 transmission bolt pattern. Each Browell bellhousing is built from select materials, manufactured to each customer's exact specifications. Unless the bellhousing is removable then no. TREMEC TKO 500 600 Magnum T56 Transmission Chevy Mechanical Speedometer Adapter - $66. A few mid-1980s Astro vans were supplied with 4. I just didn't have that information available at the time. The T5’s input-shaft length, front bearing-retainer pilot hole od, trans-to-bellhousing bolt pattern, and distance from the block to the trans mounting pad are not the same as classic Ford Top. A regular Chevy bell housing will bolt to the Iron Duke. 3 Astro van had a seperate bellhousing, but it was prior to the 93 & newer World Class bolt pattern so even if I could find one, it wouldn't work. The LS engines introduced an additional hole at 12 o'clock and added structural oil pan attachments, which for most versions are the same. Ford Racing's legendary quality ensures a perfect fit and years of hassle-free use. Also the AFN turbo manifold is similar/same as the Passat/Audi B5 chassis manifold. Classic Industries offers a wide selection of 1965 Chevrolet Impala parts, including 1965 Chevrolet Impala interior parts and soft trim, 1965 Chevrolet Impala exterior sheet metal, 1965 Chevrolet Impala moldings, 1965 Chevrolet Impala emblems, 1965 Chevrolet Impala weatherstrip and unique accessories, to nearly every nut and bolt needed for installation. SST's bellhousing can be used with all factory type clutch linkage parts while the design maintains its original style appearance. After lots of googling apparently turbo pattern is the same as the LS motor? If that is true then why do places like dellow and CRS bother making bellhousings to bolt a t56 to a 308/304 when it would be pretty easy to source a bellhousing from a late model commodore?. I think a TDI in a race car would be fun. with 3 available variances BH200 suits the Saginaw, Muncie 4 speeds as well as T5G and the TREMEC TKO GM 5 speeds. This particular product came about as a personal need. The Leader in Clutch and Driveline Technology. The bolt pattern layout allows for a direct bolt up of all LS-compatible transmissions, so 4L60E, 4L80E automatics bolt up and so does the Tremec T56 and other similar manual transmissions. After that, no good. But there are no GM trannies with an 8" input shaft that seem to work with it. Find FORD 5. 75" or 14") or number of teeth is more accurate because some 168 tooth flywheels are drilled with multiple bolt patterns, and the aftermarket makes a 153 tooth flywheel that a 11" clutch and pressure plate will fit. Perfect for clearing the bench seat on a Tri-Five, Street Rod, Kit Car or truck. We offer a plethora of Camaro Bellhousing for your vehicle needs. What a clean install! Too bad you cannot make out the splendid 6-speed shift pattern in this washed out photo. The 6-speed T56 manual is the most popular transmission used in LS engine swaps. The early T56's are prone to have the 3/4 shift fork fail. I am interested in finding out if GM made any bellhousing that would work. 95 Quick Time Bellhousing RM-6081 - Quick Time Ford Engine Bellhousings $729. Built by Bills Auto Fab in Toledo,Ohio , the world leader in converting the FWD Mitsubishi engines to RWD. The BOP bell housing features dual starter pockets, compatibility with all factory BOP flywheels and mechanical linkage and any Muncie, Super T10, GM TKO, GM LGT700 or GM Richmond. Adaptor plate thickness is 1/2". Opposite is possible (newer engine to older 350/400 etc. 385s-429/460 and 351M/400 use bb pattern. If you wanted a real cheap conversion, this could be the way to go, but be sure you have access to a machine shop and welding equipment. Tremec Tko To Wide Pattern. 25" for use with Collins Stage 5 twin disc system only. Slide the clutch fork over the greased T-stud (should be on the T56 transmission), and bolt it down to spec. 125 bore to match the nv4500, set the bell housing on the trans, mark the location of the orig holes on the front of the trans case, drill and tap the front case 1/2-13 there is plenty of material (1/2 thick), looking at it from the front the lower right bolt will go through to the inside this will need sealant, the upper right will be partially in the. 1965-1970 Ford Adapter Plate For Tremec Tko T-5 Conv, Using 6 Bolt Bell Housing. The only thing stopping me is that. I also found an article about using a 5. The ls1 T56 does not bolt straight up to a th pattern block, Mal Wood automotive has the spacer plate required though and you'll have to grind away your bell housing somewhat to fit a starter motor on your passenger side. A 460 may be cheaper but a 448 with a '352' sticker on the air cleaner would be trick. Fear not, because Speedway Motors has a HUGE selection of bellhousings to work with almost any Chevy, Ford, and many other engine and transmission bolt patterns. The C6 was produced with four basic bellhousing bolt patterns over its long production life and is a very rugged transmission designed for high-power applications. American Powertrain hooked us up with everything we needed including a stock replacement bellhousing and a Street Slayer single-disc clutch. Dropped axle juice brake. Insert the transmission into the clutch assembly. Well, I guess I've been posting my T56 questions in the wrong forum, so reposted to right forum. The T56 Magnum transmissions bolt pattern is the same as the T56 Viper transmission. The Gen III/IV bolt pattern is not symmetrical, which is odd, and the top center bolt is employed while the upper passenger side bolt is not. New and Used Automotive Parts and Accessories On Sale. com will not be held responsible for any errors or typos. Rear End Installation Kits G-Force provides rear end installation kits with the parts you always need, but can never find. Rolls-Royce, Jaguar, and AMC/Jeep. DON'T get a 55-56 truck bellhousing as the mounts aren't the same. There is a T56 Retro that is rare, expensive, and meant to bolt up to the T5 flywheel housing. It is also compatible with TR-3550, TKO, TKO 500, and TKO 600 Transmissions. 8L Diesel Engine Conversion for Jeep® At the 2016 SEMA Show, Steve Roberts from Advance Adapters and Stephen “Steve” Sanders of Cummins Repower program share in-depth details on the Cummins 2. I've been in talks with another company elsewhere that does a T56 to Ecotec adapter, but they are of course in Australia and it is a bit costly. Transmission Adapter, Tremec Tko To Wide Pattern Ford Bellhousing 1964-1966 Mustang. The major difference that we need to pay attention to is the bellhousing pattern. The big daddy of the Tremecs is the T56 Magnum 6-speed. Blowproof Bellhousing 1955-1957 Chevy Full-Size Car 1955-2003 Chevy: 90° V6, Small Block, and Big Block GM Muncie, Saginaw, BW T10, Tremec TKO Mechanical Linkage. I have watched Pemek's build and enjoy the success he is having. Either way, it will bolt up physically. It is possible to install the 5. May be trimmed for chassis clearance or used as a mid-mount plate; Designed to retain the stock starter location; Available for most popular. But there are no GM trannies with an 8" input shaft that seem to work with it. Check us out at www. 6 v6 uses the same housing. There has been a report of a T-10-to-early inline 6 bellhousing (aka "Mexican" bellhousing). I don’t have Tremec’s original drawing handy, but this is what I had made up (dimensions in mm) so gives a rough idea. Adapt your OEM T56 to any V8 Chevy 1955-2003 that has the standard bolt pattern. 3 use the same bellhousing bolt pattern. hey, So i'm wondering, as i know i'll frag the 5spd after i get my performance mods done this summer, is a t56 a direct bolt on for the 4. This was the large round opening with 8 bolt holes, used with the 1932-48 three speed passenger car trans, the 1942-52 open drive three speed truck transmission, and the 1949-50 Mercury passenger car. Threads Tagged with bellhousing. Mal Wood Automotive now offers a new Alloy Bellhousing to suit all V8 Holden engines, the dual pattern drilling allows this bellhousing to fit the 253, 308 & 5 litre engines. Hey guys, does anyone if the bolt pattern/spacing from the motor to the bellhousing is the same for all chevy v8's? Reason being is I am planning on installing a NV4500 onto my existing '88 Chevy motor (tbi) and I want to know if I need a special bellhousing or if I can just use the stock one. These specifications are meant as a general guide, and MuscularMustangs. The TJ model has a different bell housing bolt pattern than the JK. This Ford Racing Modular Tremec Bellhousing is your solution! It links the Tremec 3550 with the 4. Photo #6a, 6b, 6c & 6d: When delivered, the shifter on the Tremec is in the rear-most position on the transmission. This is a high quality 4L60E bell housing bolt that has been cleaned and inspected to ensure that it is 100% ready to use in your rebuild. Definately will not directly bolt up. This is a good used 1992 Chevrolet S-10 T-5 World Class transmission. On my LS2 and T56 combo, I noticed when I was mocking up the pan to the transmission, only the lower left bolt would line up to a hole in the pan. The bell housing is basically Ford on the transmission side and Chevy on the engine side. Same bolt pattern for what? For the bellhousing and starter, yes. The T56 Gear stack is to long. Ford Lakewood Blowproof Tremec 3550 Bellhousing on 2040-parts. I've read somewhere on the web that the two patterns are close enough that it should work. 6L Al block 3V to a T56 Magnum that does not have the large cutout in the 7 o'clock position for a clutch fork, and is somewhat reasonably priced. G Force Performance’s Adjustable Transmission Mount is uniquely innovative, yet simple in design and function. TREMEC TKO 500 600 Magnum T56 Transmission GM Chevy Mechanical Speedo Adapter - $89. I am interested in finding out if GM made any bellhousing that would work. Fast shipping throughout North America. 58-inch bolt pattern, whereas 1986 and later flywheels have a 3-inch bolt pattern. These are the bolt holes found around the center of the flywheel. The input shaft has the same 10 spline input shaft as that of a 93 and earlier T-5. Designed to fit perfectly around the front sub frame of the BMW E30 3 Series chassis when using a Sikky mount kit. Formerly offered on the 1998-2002 F-Body and GTO, the T56 bellhousing, flywheel, and clutch pack are readily available. Cadillac V8 pattern, pre-1967. 8L V8 that are upgrading to a Tremec transmission. 00 Speed Ls7 Tr6060 C6 Z06 T56 7. So if people are serious about wanting a slant six bellhousing that fits Mopar/T5/T56/whatever transmissions then all you need to do is drop some letters into the mail and I'm sure they'll take care of you. It also looks like the block bolt pattern is kind of a cross between FE and smallblock and perhaps with a bellhousing adapter and a smaller OD flywheel it could be made to work. or Borg Warner four speed transmission on the 350 engine also it may be possible to mate up the Borg Warner T56 6 speed manual. Had one in a Viper I used to own. The 26-spline input shaft is designed to hold up to a rated 700 lb-ft of torque, though we can vouch that we’ve seen it handle much more. 4L modular engines. This kit includes a brand new Tremec T56 Magnum (built to your choice. That being the case I just need to find out if it will bolt up to a TKO 5 speed or a T56 6 speed, which are the two trans. How Do I Identify Manual Transmissions on Chevy 1988 -1992 Trucks? by Floyd Drake III The five transmissions installed on 1988 to 1992 Chevrolet trucks, according to Drivetrain. They may be trimmed for chassis clearance or used as a mid-mount plate. Numerous other manuals, such as the NV4500 and T56, will bolt up with simple bellhousing swaps. Tremec T56 Aluminum Bellhousing For Ls Series Engine 1386-212-005 Tremec Tko Adapter Plate For 6 Bolt Bell Housing. Kit includes:. What are my options for installing a five speed into an early model Mustang? Does the driveshaft have to be shortened with installing a T-5?. From what I can see, the tremec T56 would work, at least on the front end, I do not have any experience with transfer cases, how would that work?. Check us out at www. If it does, it may be on! This motor is form a mini van, its local to me and for $1400. Wilcap makes adapter for Windsor pattern only The Firebird version has a LS (2nd gen) Chevy bolt pattern. 6l T56 swap to a 4. 6 Bellhousing Install If the bolt pattern could be modified to work, what style torque converter could be used?. the bellhousing between the 2 are diiferent. i was wondering (since i dont have the engine back yet from the builder) will the Ba modular 5. 8L diesel crate engine conversion. More details area available below. This is why the LS1 T56 inputshaft is over an inch longer than the LT1 T56 inputshaft. 25" for use with Collins Stage 5 twin disc system only. LS1 Bellhousing will bolt to the LT1 T56 (you could bolt the LT1 bell to the LS1 block if you wanted too), but the LS1 crank and LT1-T56 inputshaft are different depths/lengths and will not engage. Minor modifications may be required for transmission mounting and clearance in some applications. I think I mite look around for a little to find a motor in a local junk yard. eBay determines trending price through a machine-learned model of the product's sale prices within the last 90 days. The integral bellhousing AOD requires a flexplate with 164 teeth (approximately 14 1/4" diameter with an 11 7/16" torque converter bolt pattern) for proper starter placement and converter compatibility. When bolted to a bellhousing with a vertical mount, the shifter will be laid over and the transmission mount flange rotated 20 degrees or so from horizontal. 88s available in vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions starting in 1992, but the pinion is moved closer to the ring gear than on all the other 3rds. It bolt to the engine using a 960 automatic bellhousing and is made to use an internal T56 style release bearing. Bolt on the bellhousing to the engine block. At the end I give a few tips for installing the pr. Transmission Combinations: The Gen III engines have the same block bolt pattern as the early GM with the exception of one bolt hole. Step One was to install a clutch and bellhousing, then bolt that sucker up to the LS3. 4L modular engines. I hope my memory has served me here,,,as I have been rebuilding muncies lately,,,been a while since I have been into a 6 speed. This is thanks to GMs retaining of the same basic bolt pattern for the bellhousing. Engine conversion repower bell housing kits to suit Toyota LandCruiser, Nissan Patrol, Toyota Hilux, Surf, 4Runner, Land Rover & Mitsubishi Pajero. Threads Tagged with bellhousing. The quickest way to identify a 4L60E is to first look at the bellhousing pattern. 6 Bellhousing Install If the bolt pattern could be modified to work, what style torque converter could be used?. My choices are to buy a QuickTime bell housing and have it modified to accept the starter or if it is small enough to use the block mount type starter. This is tag number 1352-232, one of the rare numbers with the Chevrolet bolt pattern to the bell housing. Tremec T56 Corvette C6 Z06 Tr6060 6 Speed 2008-2010 Ls7 7. You could use a Tremec T5 (like from a mustang) although they aren't super stout, or a Tremec TKO (bolt in for a T5 but stronger). The Ford Performance TREMEC 5-Speed Bellhousing (79-95 5. 3 Astro van had a seperate bellhousing, but it was prior to the 93 & newer World Class bolt pattern so even if I could find one, it wouldn't work. Here's a bellhousing from an 04 Colorado 3. The Jaguar T400 from later V12 engines and the German ZF transmission on 1988-on XJ6's (XJ40) will not bolt to a pre-88 Jaguar 6-cylinder nor to early V12s equipped with a Borg-Warner. The big daddy of the Tremecs is the T56 Magnum 6-speed. com will not be held responsible for any errors or typos. I currently have a Lakewood Blowproof bellhousing that is setup for a Muncie, T-10, etc. Roller Pilot Bearing. These companies offer adapters to help with installing a transmission to a specific engine. If it is more of a whining or whirling sound, the input bearing has been compromised. The old cast iron manual transmission bellhousing is a bit archaic so we will use an all-new aluminum bellhousing. Save lt1 t56 bellhousing to get e-mail alerts and updates on your eBay Feed. 4 V6 T5 trans will need a new bellhousing at the least because the bolt pattern is different. The ultimate guide for transmission buyers — part one so make sure to check the pattern before committing to a purchase. These are the bolt holes found around the center of the flywheel. The integral bellhousing AOD requires a flexplate with 164 teeth (approximately 14 1/4" diameter with an 11 7/16" torque converter bolt pattern) for proper starter placement and converter compatibility. It uses the 4. Here's a bellhousing from an 04 Colorado 3. This particular product came about as a personal need. FE's useFE bolt pattern. Mustang Torque Specifications Specs: Below are torque specs for 5. All Ford T5s have a bellhousing bolt pattern that looks similar to that of a Top Loader, though it is different. Bolt your T56 and LS engine together with this genuine Tremec aluminum bellhousing, part number 1386-212-005. MT82 Bellhousing Bolt Kit Replace your damaged bellhousing bolts with these OEM Ford replacements! Its inevitable, sometimes during a clutch swap or transmission repair the bell-housing bolts can get rounded off or even misplaced. 3" is the six cylinder bell. They fit a "Ford Standard" bellhousing meaning that they will bolt up in place of a 3. is the LT/LS1 trans pattern same as old school smallblock or will I need adapter bell housing? 6 Answers. The major difference that we need to pay attention to is the bellhousing pattern. Kit includes:. Wondering if this info could be applied to automatics. All fourth generation F body T5s have a Ford T5 bellhousing bolt pattern (Figure 22-3). Get your bellhousing dowels and locator kits for installation. And also where could I get a clutch and fork for this sort of swap? Also how do I deal with the hydraulics?. The T56 transmission WILL NOT WORK since it does not use the standard Tremec bolt pattern. T56 behind a Hemi: Been noticing a lot of T56 transmissions on the resell market. The GM T56s go for under $1000 sometimes and I think they are weaker than the Ford and Viper T56 but for a street car would be bullet proof. ADTR’s kit includes all parts needed to complete a 6 speed swap in your 2003-2011 Crown Vic. The Ford Racing Modular Tremec Bellhousing is designed to mate the Tremec 3550 transmission to the 4. Mecloud makes one but its in the 500s from summit, but in this months hemmings there is a article on T5s and they say that the bellhousing from 79-81 firebirds ,79 skylark casting # 563441, and the 82 f bodys casting # 14037657 will bolt up to a T5. Due to the Tremec transmission using a unique bolt pattern, Ford Performance makes this very possible to mount a Tremec transmission to a 4. My suggestion is use a small block Chevy bellhousing and an aluminum Muncie 4-speed transmission. Bolt on the bellhousing to the engine block. 88s available in vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions starting in 1992, but the pinion is moved closer to the ring gear than on all the other 3rds. GM Quad-4 family; GM Ecotec 4-cylinder pattern. I get the feeling they are not going to provide the info. The T56 transmission fits into most GM muscle cars, requiring only minor modifications, if any, to the transmission. This is tag number 1352-232, one of the rare numbers with the Chevrolet bolt pattern to the bell housing. Our extended pilot bushing is necessary when using the LS1 T56 with this kit. The early T56's are prone to have the 3/4 shift fork fail. Note: The mounting pad is usually a part of the extension housing, but the graphic shows it on the maine case. There is more to it then just drilling the bellhousing for the different bolt pattern. 56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension. Also note the T56 Magnum LS transmission bolt pattern is rotated 5 degrees toward the driver with the transmission mount horizontal. Ford Ranger/Bronco II Transmission Swap/Conversion Options Replacing a Manual Transmission with a different Manual Transmission: All 2. They all have the same bolt pattern and will interchange with minor differences. 4l60e bellhousing bolts: What size are the bolts between the chevy 5. This is why the LS1 T56 inputshaft is over an inch longer than the LT1 T56 inputshaft. Had one in a Viper I used to own. MT82 Bellhousing Bolt Kit Replace your damaged bellhousing bolts with these OEM Ford replacements! Its inevitable, sometimes during a clutch swap or transmission repair the bell-housing bolts can get rounded off or even misplaced. = Universal Ford TKO 500-600/ Flywheels. They even had 14-spline input shafts. I hope my memory has served me here,,,as I have been rebuilding muncies lately,,,been a while since I have been into a 6 speed. Page 2 of 3 - Fidanza LT1 flywheel for Bills T56 bellhousing - posted in Transmission Swaps: Hey Guys, I didn't take the time to read this entire thread because I've seen it a million times. Plate comes with all mounting hardware to mount plate to trans and bell housing. Hey guys, does anyone if the bolt pattern/spacing from the motor to the bellhousing is the same for all chevy v8's? Reason being is I am planning on installing a NV4500 onto my existing '88 Chevy motor (tbi) and I want to know if I need a special bellhousing or if I can just use the stock one. See if I can go there and get the bell to bolt on. 3 Astro van had a seperate bellhousing, but it was prior to the 93 & newer World Class bolt pattern so even if I could find one, it wouldn't work. Another interesting detail is the fact that the Astro/Safari bellhousing has a hydraulic clutch. Is it possible to have it drilled out to accept the T56's bolt pattern? If so, is there a company. Nationwide Auto Locator Quality New and Used Car Parts. Use a couple of bolts to secure the bellhousing and then use a straight edge and ruler or caliper to measure the depth of the transmission mounting pad to the diaphragm fingers. Same unit as Ford RAT except for a GM bolt pattern to the bell housing. I would love to have a 6 speed.